- County Data Profiles
Community & Economic Development Planning
Innovative Economic Development Strategies
This is an introductory 90 minute workshop that identifies alternative economic development strategies beyond blind industry attraction. The workshop focuses on expanding existing businesses, cluster analysis, entrepreneurship, and the creative class. If groups are interested in exploring these issues beyond the initial presentation, Dr. Davis and Dr. Maurer facilitate a one-year process with communities or agencies that includes asset mapping, data exploration, leakage analysis, and other strategies.
Costs and scheduling: Workshop is no cost. Cost varies for one year process. Contact Alison Davis (859-257-7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rick Maurer (859-257-7582 or email@example.com) for more information.
Building on Community Assets
This is a three hour workshop on community asset-based development. The workshop moves from a comparison of asset vs. needs-based development strategies to strategies for identifying and mobilizing community assets in support of desired outcomes.
Strategic Planning - Moving from an Idea to a Program
Contact: Lori Garkovich, Ron Hustedde, Rick Maurer
This is a 90 minute presentation on the importance of strategic planning in the process of community change. The presentation moves from a description of the steps in the community planning process to a description of how communities have implemented the process.
Costs and scheduling: Varies. Contact Lori Garkovich (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ron Hustedde (email@example.com or 859-257-3186) or Rick Maurer (859-257-7582 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Land Use Conflicts
This is a series of workshops that focus on helping communities to identify and address land use issues. Topics include:
- The meaning of the land in community identity and quality of life
- Public and private interests in the land
- Patterns of land use and the implications of each on the economic, environmental, and interactional fields of community life
- Factors influencing decisions on types of land use management strategies to adopt
- Analyses that focus on the economic value of different land uses
- Why protect agricultural land and strategies for protecting agricultural land